Basketball Education in Action is committed to inspiring the next generations of active women leaders.
The Junior Counselor Program is open to current student-athletes or recent grads from any NCAA or NAIA divisions. Junior Counselors will not only be immersed in the TABLA leadership curriculum, but they will partake in their own leadership development throughout the academy.
“The relationships you build through a program like this is rare, and to say you are a part of something that helps lead and advocate women’s rights in sports is an incredible opportunity.” – Mady Burdett, Whitman College
- Advocate for girls and women’s sports for gender equity.
- Actively contribute ideas and feedback in a JC training a week prior to camp.
- Responsible for a team of campers.
- Facilitate team conversations and activities.
- Assist coaches in demonstration of drills and in leadership workshops.
- Participate in basketball drills and mentor campers in the TABLA philosophy.
- Lead a “College Panel” (all JC’s).
- Take the lead in a specific role: Social Media Coordinator, Editorial Coordinator, Community Day Coordinator, Guest Speaker Coordinator, Community Outreach, etc.
- Build resume and gain valuable experience in leading a team, running a camp, and delivering leadership curriculum.
- Network with the women’s sports community in the Puget Sound / LA area.
- Stipend in five-day camps of $150 (first year), $185 (second year), $200 (third year); stipend in four-day camps of $125 (first year), $150 (second year), $180 (third year).
- FREE Storm/Sparks tickets, lunches (except Storm/Sparks Day), camp gear, training, and other staff swag!
- Play basketball and change a young life!
Application open until all positions are filled, or by May 15th, 2018. Check out our Junior Counselor testimonials here.