Basketball Education in Action is committed to inspiring the next generations of active women leaders.
The Junior Counselor Program is open to current or graduating student-athletes at any NCAA or NAIA divisions. Junior Counselors will not only be immersed in the TABLA leadership curriculum, but they will partake in their own leadership development through a scaffolded program.
Reports to: Director of the Academy
- Actively contribute ideas and feedback in staff trainings and meetings.
- Responsible for a team of 7-10 campers.
- Facilitate team conversations and activities.
- Assist coaches in demonstration of drills and in leadership workshops.
- Participate in all basketball drills and mentor the camper in the Team Awesome philosophy.
- Lead their own “College Panel” (all JC’s).
- Referee in low-risk scrimmages.
- Take the lead in a specific role: Social Media Guru, Editorial Master, Event Support Staff, etc.
- Build resume and gain valuable experience in leading a team, running a camp, and developing and delivering leadership curriculum.
- Network with the women’s sports community in the Puget Sound.
- Stipend of $155 (first year), $195 (second year), $235 (third year).
- FREE Storm & WNBA All-Star tickets, lunches (except Tuesday), camp gear, leadership workbook, and other staff swag.
- Play a lot of basketball!
- OPTIONAL: College-level training with a current college assistant coach.
Send a resume and answers to the following questions (one paragraph each) to email@example.com.
- What do you wish you had known about playing basketball in college?
- Why do you want to be a TABLA staff member through the Junior Counselor Program?
Application open until all positions are filled, or by May 15th, 2017. Future preferences given to retuning TABLA campers.