Basketball Education in Action is committed to inspiring the next generations of women leaders.
The Junior Counselor Program is open to current college student-athletes or recent grads. Junior Counselors will be immersed in the TABLA leadership curriculum and partake in their own leadership development.
“The relationships you build through a program like this is rare, and to say you are a part of something that helps lead and advocate women’s rights in sports is an incredible opportunity.” – Mady Burdett, Whitman College
- Advocate for girls and women’s sports for gender equity.
- Actively contribute ideas and feedback in a JC training a week prior to camp.
- Lead and play with a small team of 3-4 campers
- Assist coaches in demonstration of drills and lead drills and stations
- Facilitate discussions in workshops
- Take the lead in a specific role: Social Media Coordinator, Editorial Coordinator, Community Day Coordinator, Guest Speaker Coordinator, Community Outreach, etc.
- Build resume and gain valuable experience in leading a team, running a camp, and delivering leadership curriculum.
- Network with the women’s sports community in the Puget Sound area.
- Stipend in four-day camps of $140 (first year), $175 (second year), $200 (third year).
- FREE Storm tickets, lunches, camp gear, training, and other staff swag!
- Play basketball and change a few young lives!
Application open until all positions are filled, or by May 15th, 2020. Check out our Junior Counselor testimonials here.