At a time when our world seems more divided than ever, we must create powerful and positive change for our communities. Basketball Education in Action believes that part of this work starts with empowering strong and independent young women.
Our new Team Awesome Basketball Leadership Academy (TABLA) brings a unique, transformative experience for aspiring girl athletes by developing communication, leadership, mental, and advocacy skills through basketball.
At TABLA, we foster the power of mentorship and community to inspire change. We connect athletic instruction on the court with leadership-building and social justice activities in the classroom. Our programs empower our girls to find confidence in their own voice, inspire those around them, work effectively in a team, and take an active role in their communities. Our curriculum ensures that TABLA athletes develop the skills not only to take their games to the next level and to lead their teams on the court, but to become advocates for gender equality in sports and beyond.
- Powerful Role Models: Our world-class coaches and college athletes, as well as a low camper-to-staff ratio, offer intimate mentorship from women who have been where you are!
- Leadership Development: Our holistic curriculum offers practical leadership and communication skills, and integrates them into practice on the court.
- Empowering Experience: Our inclusive and fun culture fosters confidence to expand athletes’ basketball skills and to speak up on and off the court.
- Advocacy Education: Our programs educate and empower young athletes to take an active role in advocating for equality and visibility of girls’ and women’s sports.
- Inspiring Community: We foster the power of our community—from local college players, women coaches, and professional teams—to inspire our young athletes’ dreams!
Our work is just getting started. We are steadfast in our vision to increase our impact in the Puget Sound area, as well as to expand our national and international platform in the near future. Join us!
To be a corporate sponsor or to join our community for 2020, please contact Bea.
Women college student-athletes, apply to our Junior Counselor Program.
Thank you for your support!