Basketball Education in Action brings a new unique and transformational experience, designed and carried out by women, for girls. The Team Awesome Basketball Leadership Academy (TABLA) empowers girl athletes by developing communication, leadership, and gender and social justice advocacy skills through basketball.
Open to incoming 7th grade & older girls
All camp times are 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM, except for Storm Days
Individual Camp (Seattle)
July 30 – Aug 3, 2018
Individual Camp (LA)
August 13 – 15, 2018
Summer 2018 Program:
- World-Class leadership curriculum by BEA & UW’s Center for Leadership in Athletics
- Next-level leadership, communication & IQ basketball drills
- 1:3 staff-to-camper ratio with current women college student-athletes and women coaches
- “Athletes for Good” workshops: How do athletes use their platforms for social change, and is it their responsibilities?
- PREMIUM Tickets to WNBA Game on August 3 (Seattle) or Aug 14 (LA), and opportunity for families & friends to purchase at a discount
- TABLA Community Day (open to the public) on August 2 (Seattle only)
- Tournament of Champions on the Key Arena Floor
- Chalk Talk with Storm Leadership Team
- Seattle Storm post-game autograph passes
Seattle Location: King’s High School (Shoreline) & the Key Arena
LA Location: MAP Sports Facility (Garden Grove) & the Staples Center
Questions? Contact Bea Chang, Director of Academy, at email@example.com
Read about what we do and see if you can get involved in our community!
Check out our fees and registration information.
Check out our leadership curriculum and the tentative daily schedule!
Read about some of the *awesome* women behind and in front of TABLA, their stories, fav WNBA players, and their fav sports moments!
Meet the girls and women from the Puget Sound who inspired the Team Awesome Basketball Leadership Academy!
See what directors, parents, and players have to say about the program!
The Junior Counselor Program is open to current or graduating student-athletes at any collegiate level to gain valuable experience in leading a team, running a camp, and developing curriculum.
We are sponsored by business who support the development of young women into active leaders. Check out their work and we welcome your support as well!